Elphame's Arena BETA Changes (February 6th)
Greetings Realmers! We are back with another set of ruleset tweaks to test leading up to the formal launch of Elphame's Arena. This round of changes is meant to be the last of the major mechanics changes - and hopefully the last testing cycle before we launch.
As always we would love to hear your feedback to ensure when we formally launch the season we have the best experience possible.
- Duration on tempoary weapon enchantment spells have been drastically reduced (E.g. Cold Steel, Venom).
- The max monster group size in a dungeon has been increased from 3 to 4.
- Rebalanced loot tables into four tiers of items. Tier one items will drop from lower level areas and tier 4 will drop exclusively in the hardest areas.
- Tweaked world boss respawn rate. Boss spawns will now be announced in the bosses tab.
- Increased base in-combat movement rate to compensate for lower overall strength on characters.
- Changed calculation for in-combat movement rate to be exclusively based on acrobatics instead of a mixture of stats
- Lowered cost of learning Theurgism. Cost should be more consistent across all classes.
- Lowered hotzone bonus experience from 100% to 50%.
- Removed magic longsword/shields from loot table.
- Adjusted bell-curved experience rates to be less severe on either end of level cap.
- Updated description for level caps on items: Wrath, Bonecrusher and Executioner's Axe.
- Added Fuloran's Abode and Tulor's Cavern as open world dungeons. Fuloran and Tulor are now open world bosses that spawn in these shared dungeons.
- Disabled NPCs jumping players in open world to be consistent with NPC behaviour in dungeons.
- Changed baldric reward increments to reflect early 3.x days.
- Adjusted spell mana cost and spell strength across the board. Spell costs are now determined based on the usefulness of the spell.
- Added Mana Points and Hit Points as a randomized stat to magic items. The amount of mana or hit points granted increases with tier.
- Lowered base mana pool to compensate for mana points on equipped items.
- Change mana regeneration calculation. It is now a percentage determined by your meditation skill and your max mana pool.
- Increased mana regeneration rate. In general you will regenerate quickly out of combat to compensate for spending more mana in combat.
- Added new tiers to caster gear: Troll Skin -> Imp Skin -> Daemon Skin. Higher tiers award more mana points needed to cast powerful spells.
- Removed potions of shift and greater invisibility. These spells must be learned in order to be used now.
- Orb of Healing and Orb of Greater Healing are now targeted-spell heals. They can also be used in combat now.
- Changed Myticism success chance to be a challenge of your mysticism skill versus your target's
Please post any feedback about these latest changes to our feedback forum!