Elphame's Arena - Ruleset Changes
Thank you to all of our testers so far. We have collected some fantastic feedback and are back with a fresh set of changes. These changes will be deployed shortly after the Finvarra's Fortress holiday patch later tonight.
Key learnings from last weekend's test were:
- Fixed mana pool works well but the mana pool starts too low and grows too fast.
- The bell curved experience was good although perhaps a little too fast.
- Magic items like potions, wands and orbs were underperforming with Theurgism.
- Melee focused players struggle quite a bit when it comes to fighting more than one NPC.
- Although PvP is great, instanced dungeons are still the hot spot for players to go to which negates the impact and danger.
Summary of Changes:
- Tweaked Maximum Mana calculation to be based on mediation rather than purely intelligence and level.
- Increased frequency of regenerating mana from 30 seconds to 15 seconds.
- Increase effectiveness of Armor Rating and Shields for damage reduction. When a shield blocks damage it has a chance equal to it's armor rating to completely negate damage received.
- Increased default damage of cleave from 10% to 50%.
- When attacking with melee, players will now stay focused on their target until it dies. This means your attacks won't be consumed by "retaliation" hits when fighting more than one creature.
- Tweaked the peak of the bell curved XP from 50 to 35.
- Lowered XP rate.
- Increased impact of theurgism on magic items.
- Increased base duration on many spells.
- Fixed starting skills for wizards to add points in short sword versus dagger. Also grant 1 skill in meditation.
- Lower Wolf and Fenris NPC base acrobatics skill to make them a little less annoying to fight.
- Warrior NPCs are now more likely to have an actual weapon when fighting.
- Lowered amount of gold stolen by NPC thieves.
- Lowered repair and insurance costs.
- Rebalanced NPCs in Targoths to bet a better lower-level dungeon.
- Ogre caves has been added as a playable dungeon. Fuloran's Abode and Tulors have been removed for now.
- All dungeons (with the exception of the newbie 'Unknown' one) are now open world shared zones.
- Hot zone experience moved from all open world zones to all shared dungeon zones.
- Dungeons now have own unique world bosses that may spawn within and carry the rare loot for that dungeon.
There are more changes planned in future testing phases. As always we'd love to hear your feedback on the test to ensure that when we formally launch we have a great experience for everyone!
The best place to share feedback is in this thread: