Elphame's Arena BETA Changes (February 13th)
Greetings Realmers! We are back with another set of ruleset tweaks to test leading up to the formal launch of Elphame's Arena.
As always we would love to hear your feedback to ensure when we formally launch the season we have the best experience possible.
- Added HP and MP to shields. Round shields give higher mana. Tower shields give higher hit points.
- Removed Improved Armor as possible enchant for rings, amulets and belts
- Changed peak bell curve XP rate to be at level 50 instead of 35. This should improve the levelling experience in the 40-60 range.
- Mysticism success calculation has changed; The success increases or decreases by 1% for every level difference between the caster and target.
- Decreased strength of theurgism on spells slightly
- World Bosses will spawn much slower now
- Lowered drop rate in ratling run
- Reduced value of drops in The Unknown
- Increased base mana pool of all characters equal to their intelligence.
- Lowered SDM across many NPCs
- Lowered base movement rate in combat
- Increased effectiveness of acrobatics on combat movement
- Fixed bug which could cause both insurance money and items to drop in PvP combat.
- Changed some monster composition in open world zones. Increased chance for mobs to group with each other in the open world.
- All zones are hotzones now
- Lots of balancing changes to existing NPCs - in some cases increasing power and in some cases decreasing
- Removed drop chance of high end bounties from lower level mobs in specific zones
- Increased range and damage for life leech and fangblade
- Increased max damage on Vulcan Edge, Defender and Stinger
- Increased base weapon skill for new warrior characters to be proficient in all weapon types
- Added bonus mana to wizard hats
- Changed short sword skill book costs to be based on player intelligence
- When dying in PVP as a defender, you will no longer lose items or experience if you are outside of a predefined level range of the attacker. The formula as it stands is: Highest level attacker compared against highest level defender: within 10 levels OR 25% of each other. Attackers always lose items and experience when they die.
Please post any feedback about these latest changes to our feedback forum!