Thank you for all the love and support especially with the launch of the Sovereign Shop last Friday.
Today's hotfix is mainly focused around drop rates. Check out the notes below!
The previous strategy of bounties were that if you found one it had a much higher (as much as 3x higher) chance at rare loot the corresponding dungeon. This was balanced by increasing how long it would take to find one of these bounties in the open world. The drop rates were meant to be balanced to be close-to-equal loot per hour as running the dungeon; You should be able to hunt in the open world or farm dungeons and get equal opportunity at loot.
The downside to this strategy is that it means there could be very long stretches without any loot in the open world which feels unrewarding.
With this update, we have increased the drop rate for bounties significantly in the open world. To compensate for that, they will now have the same drop rate as running a dungeon for loot. As this is a big change, there are likely more tweaks to follow including what the bounties contain in general along with the rates associated with those items.
As we move towards our vision of making items a currency as well (via crafting, questing and salvaging for sovereigns) we will need to increase drop rates to ensure the market demand for items does not outstrip the value of consuming them for another means. As such, we have taken the following actions:
- Increased drop rates for lower level dungeons that were underperforming
- Increased drop rates in higher level dungeons that were also underperforming
- Increased heroic drop rates
- Diversified loot to help provide a more even spread of rare armors across many dungeons
- Added Dragon Pit as a hotzone on Monday
- Fixed spell resists on expert level armor
- Increase spell damage for Moor dragons
- A new Academy has been constructed in West Leinster specializing in teaching those about the lore of the lands