Below you will find the development updates as of today 05/18/2018 and will be deployed tonight at approx 10 PM EST.
Thank you all for your patience. We know you all are very excited to see the startup of the new "Finvarra's Fortress" server and for the new life that has been given to "Despothes' Grove". We have been receiving a lot of feedback about the state of the Despothes' Grove's economy and we've heard you. We've decided to incorporate a gold sink into Despothes' Grove with a new item that will be available 05/27/2018, this item will cost 125,000,000 gold. This cost was calculated based on the average gold per character in the game. This item when used will reserve the consuming characters name forever on all servers. That means the only account that will ever be able to create that name again will be the one that character logged on when it uses the consumable.
We've received some information that players are attempting to receive support for The Realm from an unofficial "The Realm Online" Facebook group and that they're being told that the Norseman Games with whom they're doing business is a fraud. Let me address a few things here:
- The Realm ("The Realm Online") Copyright is owned by Norseman Games.
- When you're subscribing you're doing business with Rat Labs LLC.
- Rat Labs LLC has the exclusive license to host, develop, and distribute The Realm Online.
- The ONLY official Facebook page: https://www.facebook.com/RealmServer/
- The ONLY official website: https://realmserver.com
Finvarra's Fortress (Beta) Changes:
- The Ohm is no longer restricted to warriors
- Monsters in USH will no longer drop the USH Fist Weapon
- Fixed bug with many mobs that could drop weapons when they were not supposed to
- Fixed some bugs with heroic NPCs receiving negative damage
- Lower SDM boost on Helm of Conqueror and Helm of Fiana to be in line with changes for other helms
- Rebalanced stats of certain NPCs (mainly dragons) which had enormous numbers
- In general, Dragon damage has been decreased by about 60%
- Increased melee strength of Tulor
- Changed AI and rebalanced stats for some wasps
- AR is now the averaged across primary armor pieces e.g. helm, cowl, shirt, wristbands, pants, and boots
- AR displayed in the character "look at" window is the chance that a melee attack will hit armor, this chance is reduced by 50% in PvP
- Damage reduction is based on the type of armor receiving the hit. e.g. Cloth 5%, Leather 15%, Chain 25%, and Plate 35%
- Armor reinforcement is a percent chance to totally negate critical strike damage.
- Spell Resist is now capped at 75% for players and NPCs
- Town layouts have been updated
Despothes' Grove (Legacy) Changes:
- Reverted code that fixed permanency and enchant so that enchants will work for weapon damage again
- Added code for name reservations
- Fixed bug where coppers would not be saved properly
- Moved coppers to be account based instead of character based
The Development Team