Fatal Bungling: 101, 39

Started by Shmaboo

Shmaboo

At the first fight in regular USH, the undead necro was dead, but there were some zombies (summoned and maybe original as well) alive. I cast multiblade and got the message "Fatal Bungling: Unknown movie command encountered. Identification number is 101,39. Please e-mail this information to bugs@realmserver.com as soon as possible." My cursor stayed in "rolling doughnut" mode (Windows 10), so I couldn't click "Okay". My screen resolution dropped to (I'm guessing) 640x480 and went back to normal after I ended the sciw.exe task. So, there you go. Send any and all bug baldies to Shmaboo ;)

descript

I was about to post this same thing, and still will. It is from when you still have some summoned creatures on the map, but have killed every real NPC. You have that last combat round where you need to wait for them to disappear. Guarding, casting heal etc is fine. Casting multiblade however leads to this error.

The "identification numbers" seem to change each time.

fartnugget

I have the same issue, as a wiz I make sure to cast banish the last few rounds as my summoned creature finishes of the fight, works every time.

LavenderRose

Just started getting these last night and tried reporting them. So far iI got one in fallows and one in The Wild Beyond. Both different numbers and both Fatal Bungling.

Emu

I had the same issue as well. I was in USH, with summons in the battle, and after I killed 3/4 of the mobs and had the last mob near death I crashed. The error code was 100,39.

Emu

It just happened again to me. I am in USH, doing the fight at the chest and right as the match ends I get an error code of 103,54. I had a Pixie up for myself.

Emu

I also noticed that while the game is in this error code, it causes the CPU to run max on all of its cores until the game is forced closed, if that matters at all.

Emu

It's occurred twice to me today in USH still. I am at the point where I no longer summon mobs myself, but both times an undead necro has mobs of their own on the battleground. The last code was 110,39.

Emu

And now this just happened to me again in the second fight in Holy Caves.
Is the fatal bungling error being looked at?

Taroth

I'm getting the same error as EMU. In undead stronghold on fights with summoned creatures. 1st fight always happens… 100,39

Emu

In one single USH run, I crashed three times with this bug. Each time was when the fight ended with the AI having summoned zombies still up.
Is any mod going to at least acknowledge this one?

Taroth

So here is how I work around this: If there are summons up at the end of a fight - as in you have killed the mob that summoned the extra creatures, then do not cast any AOE spell- in particular multi-blade. Just guard. The summons will despawn and nothing happens- no error. That is the problem- the multiblade bugs out when you have only summoned creatures (which are supposed to despawn). Yes, the devs have acknowledged this, I talked directly to them and they are trying to replicate the error and determine a fix.

Emu

Taroth,
Thank you for that idea! I never correlated the casting of multi blade at the end of the fight to the crashing. Typically I cast it if I lost track of what are summons and what could have been the original mobs. I’ll try this method moving forward!