I am proposing/suggestion an expansion and overhaul of the current Silver System.
As all of my proposals/suggestions please do not get hung up on the small details such as suggested pricing/figures. Look at this as a general concept/bigger picture. I know the silver system has been mixed reception by some, but I think it has a lot of potential.
Essentially the goal is two resolve two fundamental issues with the current game.
1) Player population is relatively low - and players who do play have the majority of the items they need or want. Making lower level items, or more common items in most cases useless of of little/no value.
2) Players who are playing a large amount, feel unrewarded for their time with a very BOOM or BUST loot table. 80-90% of items found are of no value, while it may take over 100-200 hours for a "Exciting" item to drop. This includes master gear items, glowie items, or 900 weapons.
Fundamentally, what I am proposing is a expansion of the silver system which includes the ability to SELL items for silvers. This will act as a item sink.
1) Destroy/remove items for the game currently that have little to no value.
2) Make finding items such as (Wrath, EA, proficient gear) etc. have a little bit of joy or excitement/feeling of progress.
3) Artificially prop up/help the economy due to population issues.
1) Jim has played for 50 hours he has found 2 Wraths, a Fin Belt, a few skill books, and 2 600 Weapons. Jim is told that other than the fin belt - everything else is 200-300k or free. Jim feels like he is not playing well or doing well.
With new system:
2) Jim has played for 50 hours, he found the same items but the Wraths are selling for 750 silvers, and his 600 Weapons are worth 1800 silvers each. He is excited because he is saving up for some of the new dyes, or other exciting new silver items.
Once players destroy/remove the majority of 600 and under gear/items for silvers - when someone does need an item they will have a value. If you want to buy a 600 weapon - which Jim could sell for 1200 silvers - you will need to compensate Jim accordingly, otherwise he will want to keep the silvers.
In order for this to work we would likely need to do a few things. (** EXAMPLE FIGURES !!! **)
1) Raise Silver Limit to 200,000.
2) Raise prices of current silver items including 600 Weapons/expert gear, skill baubles, and level baubles. This is to make silvers more a balance of items found and enemies killed… vs. primarily enemies killed. For example - 10 levels could increase from 1500 silvers - to 2500 silvers.
3) Add new items that people will want.
If we do not add additional items to the silver system this will not drive the item sink / destruction of items and artificially stimulate the economy. We know 900 weapons or end game gear should not be included for obvious reasons.
Current items probably will not drive enough interest to destroy / get rid of things. So I think we can get creative/or maybe even have some sovereign shop items at HIGH prices.
Again, dont get hung up on the prices or even some of the items - this is just some EXAMPLES of items that might make people encouraged to participate but not wreck the economy.
Sale price examples:
Level 300 Weapons - sell for 750 silvers each
Level 600 Weapons - sell for 1800 silvers each
Belt of Carry, Amulet of Combat - Sell for 300 silvers
Familiar gear - sell for 150 silvers each
Proficient gear - sell for 350 silvers each
Expert gear - sell for 750 silvers each
Expert crafting reagents - sell for 200 silvers each
Anvil Helmets - sell for 100-300 silvers each (depending on rarity)
Duach's Crystal - sell for 40 silvers each
Mabonite - sells for 20 silvers each
Finvarium - sells for 15 silvers each
Potion of Item Quantity - increases item quantity when entering caves by 50% for 1 hour - 15,000 silvers.
Attribute Respec - 75,000 silvers
Finvarra's Dye (OG color) - 40,000 silvers each (this will keep the value up there for dyed items)
T Sash Baldric - (original t sash baldric, no abilities or stats on it - cosmetic only) - 150,000 silvers ( chase item )
Tome of Unbinding - (item to unbind a previously bound item) - 100,000 silvers (expensive, would likely only be used for 900 weapons or master gear???)
Potion of Adventuring (+30% XP for party members for 1 hour) - 5,000 Silvers
Greater Potion of See Invisibility - Grants see invisibility for 24 hours - 3,000 silvers
Greater Potion of Invulnerability - Grants invulnerability for double normal duration - 3,000 silvers.
Greater Wand of Fireballs - wand that can be used to level up low level wizards? 100 charges - 5,000 silvers
Backpack of Holding (2x cosmetic only backpack) 75,000 silvers (same stats as fin bp?)
Fuloran's Maul (housing item only) - 20,000 silvers
Mass shift spellbook - level 6 sorc - 50,000 silvers
Mass invuln spellbook - level 7 thaum - 50,000 silvers (normal duration)
House location change scroll - 30,000 silvers
Veteran of the Realm house plaque - 200,000 silvers per account
The proposed above items provide the following:
Exciting new cosmetic items only found with silvers, including dyes. Exciting new spells that won't break the game but will add some quality of life improvements. Some new items that are costly but will be very desired (item quanity potions, XP potions) and items that are not achievable in game but may be very useful (attribute respecs) and housing items. Adding a variety of items that people will WANT to get or use will cause players to destroy lower level items, this in turn will make them feel like a step toward progress and make them have value if someone wishes to purchase one.